Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boo :(

I fell at work last week. It wasn't my fault, I maintain that, despite what management says. The floor crew was there and they were stripping the floor and I didn't know they had reached that part of the hospital yet. I pushed open the door and the very first step I took I was down in a painful pretzel position and covered in floor stripper.

I'll spare you the gorey details (I promise, it hasn't been pretty) but it's been a long week and a half. After 6 hours in the ER the night I did it, they said I had a sprained knee and sent me home with crutches and Vicodin. Healing wasn't progressing as well as I'd like and when my foot spent this weekend trying to swell as much as it could without exploding I scheduled an appointment with my doctor. He thinks I tore my meniscus, which just sucks out loud. My vacation starts on Saturday and with my car back in action I was looking forward to 10 glorious days of boxing. Instead I'm grounded in my apartment in an elevated position and full of 1000mg of Naproxen.

I don't know what the future of my summer holds for boxing. I don't know what I'll be capable of and we're so short staffed at work and I can't afford to be out on disability so I need to focus on resting my knee and encouraging it to get better soon. It just stinks. Like a fresh skunk spray.

No comments: